Apply now to become a community champion!
Your SU proudly presents…Love Your Uni, Love Your City! Get involved and you could be selected as one of 5 Community Champions where you can make new friends and connections, develop your skills and be an important part of shaping the student experience for now and years to come.
What is it?
LYULYC is a project that aims to improve and strengthen the University experience by making sure that all students feel a part of their university city. As a Community Champion you will be an ambassador. Signposting to services, developing opportunities, engaging with local initiatives and most importantly helping students feel safe, happy and involved.
Why should I apply?
- A great opportunity to showcase and develop your skills across a wide range of areas including campaigning, leadership, community support and communications.
- The chance to use your skills and voice to ensure students are always part of the solution not the problem.
- The opportunity to use knowledge gained from your own student experience to be a key part of making things better for everyone.
- A chance to build professional networks with communities both inside and outside of Coventry University.
- A chance to be a part of developing and shaping something new…you will be the first ever Coventry Community Champions!
- The role is voluntary so can be flexible round your study commitments.
What’s in it for me?
The chance to gain visible accreditation through the SU’s new badges reward scheme – where you can earn digital badges to display your achievements on signatures and linked in profiles. You could also be in with the chance of running for a leadership award.
Your future employment prospects will thank you!
How do I apply?
For more information, including a full job description and link to application form, check out: Community Champions (yoursu.org)
Applications close at midnight on Monday 17th October.