SU Experience Rep
£10.46 per hour (plus holiday pay)
Part-time (5 hours per week)
Applications close: Monday 25th September, 9am – Please Note: You may be invited to interview for the position before the applications close.
To be able to apply, you need to be:
- An undergraduate student studying within the CU Coventry or Main Campus (CAS, CBL, CEES, SHC) who falls within one of the chosen Learning Networks*
- Studying until Dec 2023
- Not on a full-time placement during the 2023-24 Academic year
About the role
Coventry University Students’ Union is a student-led charity, we are led by hard-working, elected students who, together, reflect the experiences and hopes of our amazing membership. We further their interests to improve their lives as students.
We are looking for individuals who can further enhance our students’ learning experiences, increase their sense of course identity and support their professional development through activity that compliments their learning.
You be responsible for representing students within Your Learning Network, on areas relating to the student experience. You will utilise a variety of both in-person and digital means, such as Aula, social media or informal conversations, to understand the types of events, activity and support students would benefit from within that area.
Additional duties include:
- Utilise a variety of methods to speak to students to gather their thoughts and opinions on activity to be delivered within your SU grouping, on a weekly basis.
- Collect and log the feedback and opinions you receive from the students you represent and communicate this to relevant staff members.
- Work closely with staff to plan, prepare and deliver events and activities, based off of the feedback you have received, throughout the academic year.
- Promote opportunities for engagement within Your Students’ Union to students in your grouping, and more widely within the College, School, or Campus.
- Maintain a presence within appropriate College, School, or Campus buildings throughout all working hours, and wear the appropriate uniform as required.
- Provide students with support at SU drop-in sessions, or at one of the SU spaces around the College, School, or Campus buildings.
- Attend all necessary meetings, including bi-weekly Student Leader Collaboration Meetings.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with students and relevant staff within the College, School, or Campus.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about promoting fairness, opportunity, and equity for all students. They’ll be organised and a great communicator, capable of collecting feedback, planning, and delivering events, and speaking up in meetings. Most of all, they’ll be positive and good at building rapport with stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Excellent experience that’ll help with career advancement such as project management, leadership, communication, time management, public speaking skills etc
- The chance to plan, run and lead on events and activities, based on student feedback you have collected.
- Opportunity to create positive change for yourself and students.
- Access to full training and support, including development workshops to build on your employability skills.
- Recognition of achievement through badges and rewards programmes
- Networking events with staff and sabbatical officers.
How to apply:
You can find the job description and person specification here. Once you are ready to apply, please fill out this online application form.
*Eligible Learning Networks:
- Students studying in the College of Engineering, Environment, and Science (CEES) on ANY undergraduate degree are eligible.
- Students studying at CU Coventry (Mile Lane Campus) on ANY undergraduate degree are eligible.
- Student studying in the College of Arts and Society (CAS), College of Business and Law (CBL), and School of Health Care (SHC) are eligible if their course is listed here.
We are an equal opportunities employer and actively committed to promoting equality and diversity, and expect all staff, students, and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com