Your Advice Service

Apollo House – Support for students asked to move

An update from Your Students' Union following the recent announcement about Apollo House and the support available.

No ratings yet. Log in to rate.
A colourful design of the Coventry city skyline


Last week, students who had booked Apollo House accommodation for next academic year were informed that they would not be able to move in in September. This is proposed to be because it will be turned into temporary accommodation by the city council or a local charity who will use it to support vulnerable adults and children. This means that the building will continue to serve the local community but cannot function as student accommodation.   

All 28 students affected should have been offered a full refund and alternative accommodation in another of Essential Students’ Living’s properties. However, we know that these alternative options may not be suitable for you. You can find advice and guidance on finding housing on our webpages here.


What support is available to me?

Support with finding housing:

If you have been affected and need support in finding alternative accommodation, please contact Your Students’ Union Advice Service by completing an enquiry form. We cannot help you find somewhere to live, but we can recommend places to look.

For other housing options, we would recommend contacting FutureLets. You can find University halls options here and private accommodation options here.

Before you sign your contract we can check through this for you. Send us a copy of your contract by attaching it to an enquiry form.


Health and wellbeing support:

If this has impacted your mental and emotional wellbeing, please reach out for some support. You can find out more information about the services the university Health and Wellbeing Service offer via the student portal. You can get in contact by either booking an appointment, sending them an email on  or calling them on 024 7765 8029.

If you find yourself needing support outside of university working hours, please contact Samaritans 24/7 helpline by calling 116 123. You can also email them at You can also use our Support Hub to search for other external support services which may be best suited to support you.

You can find an emergency NHS mental health helpline near you (England only). If you prefer to text rather than call or email, you can text SHOUT to 85258. In case of an emergency:

  • If off campus, call: 999
  • If on campus, call Protection Services: 024 7765 5555
  • If on campus, get emergency support through the University’s Safe Zone App.


No comments have been made. Please log in to comment.

Powered by MSL