Education (or Senior) Rep
£10.46 per hour (plus holiday pay)
Part-time (5 hours per semester)
Applications close: Monday 25th September, 9am
To be able to apply, you need to be:
- A student studying at one of the Coventry Campuses of Coventry University
- Studying until at least Dec 2023
- Not on a full-time placement during the 2023-24 Academic year
About the role
Coventry University Students’ Union is a student-led charity, we are led by hard-working, elected students who, together, reflect the experiences and hopes of our amazing membership. We further their interests to improve their lives as students.
We are looking for individuals who can further enhance our students’ learning experiences, increase their sense of course identity and support their professional development through activity that compliments their learning.
You be responsible for representing students within your Learning Network on matters relating to the learning experience. You will build relationships with key staff related to the courses they represent, and the Main Staff Contact, delivering constructive feedback and providing solutions to improve education for the students they represent.
Additional duties include:
- Ensure Your Course Conversation meetings go on as scheduled.
- Collect and log feedback from students.
- Promote opportunities for academic representation and student vacancies within Your Students’ Union to all students within your college.
- Promote changes made in meetings to students (You said, we did).
- Complete action log within seven days of the meeting taking place, send it to main staff contact for approval, and notify your coordinator when complete.
- Host drop-in sessions with students before meetings.
- Attend meetings with their School Rep.
- Providing content for Your Students’ Unions’ website and social media.
- Chair and/or minute meetings.
- Disseminating information from their College, School, SU Grouping or Your students’ Union to course representatives and the wider student body at their college.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about promoting fairness, opportunity, and equity for all students. They’ll be organised and a great communicator, capable of collecting feedback, maintaining immaculate documentation, and speaking up in meetings. Most of all, they’ll be positive and good at building rapport with stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Excellent experience that’ll help with career advancement such as project management, leadership, communication, time management, public speaking skills etc
- The chance to plan, run and lead on events and activities, based on student feedback you have collected.
- Opportunity to create positive change for yourself and students.
- Access to full training and support, including development workshops to build on your employability skills.
- Recognition of achievement through badges and rewards programmes
- Networking events with staff and sabbatical officers.
How to apply:
You can find the job description and person specification here for Education Rep and Senior Rep, respectively. Once you are ready to apply, please fill out this online application form.
We are an equal opportunities employer and actively committed to promoting equality and diversity, and expect all staff, students, and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com