SCONUL Access is a scheme which allows many university library users to study spaces or books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. Some library users may be able to borrow print books from other libraries too.
About the Access scheme
SCONUL Access is a reciprocal scheme which allows many university library users to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme. The scheme covers most of the university libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Who is eligble?
If you are:
- a member of staff (both academic and support staff) on an open or fixed term contract
- a postgraduate research student registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- a part-time, distance learning and placement student
- or a full-time postgraduate
and your university or college is a member of the scheme, you may be able to borrow from other college or university libraries.
If you are
- a full-time undergraduate student
and your university or college is a member of the scheme, you may be able to use the resources of other college and university libraries for reference.
How to join
To join SCONUL Access and find out which libraries you can use, click here. You will need your Library or ID Card number from your home institution and your institutional email address to complete the application.